I’ve recently picked up some new makeup, both from Walgreens and Ulta, that I am absolutely loving for summer! Here are some of my top new (and just new to me) makeup picks for the season. 1. L’Oreal True Match Lumi foundation No lie, I […]
Month: May 2018
I realized I haven’t updated ya’ll recently on my full face makeup routine!
If you don’t know, I love makeup. I don’t wear makeup every day, and most days to work I wear a CC cream instead of foundation. I love that the CC cream is lighter and gives me SPF for summer days, too!
But, I wanted to show you my full face look that I constantly go to for dinner dates, or going out on the town with my friends. I’m going to give you a step-by-step list of how I do my full face makeup, and show you a complete product lineup, too!
I was inspired to show you all the products together in one picture by one of my favorite bloggers, Glitter & Gingham. She did a similar post that made me want to pull out my products and show them off, too! If you don’t follow her, you definitely should.
Let’s get started!
Foundation & Concealer
1) Foundation! Again, I don’t reach for a full coverage foundation during the week, but if I’m trying to have my full face on then I always go for a good medium coverage, buildable, liquid foundation. My tried and true favorite is the Covergirl 3-in-1 foundation, but lately I have been trying out the Maybelline Super Stay foundation and I’ve been loving it!
I always mix in a little of my Maybelline Infallible Pro Glow on the back of my hand— the Pro Glow is lighter and more hydrating, so it thins out the other one a little. Actually, I do that with almost all my more full-coverage foundations!
I go back and forth between a beauty sponge and a brush. My favorite sponge right now is the Eco Tools one that has a flat edge; my favorite brush is the flat top kabuki from Makeup Geek.
2) After I blend out my foundation, its time for brightener and concealer. I put these two in one step, because depending on the day I might do one or the other, or both. This day my zombie under eye circles were in full force, so I used both. First I put a little dab of this Maybelline Eraser in the brightener shade underneath my eyes in the dark spots. I do this pretty haphazardly, so don’t freak out about being messy. Then, I put my It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye on top and blend it out towards my cheekbones with a tapered kabuki brush from Makeup Geek. You can use a sponge too!
Just looking at this picture against the previous one, it’s insane how much concealer can transform your face as apposed to just foundation by itself!
3) Next, I like to brighten the high points of my face with a little more concealer. If I use Tarte Shape Tape under my eyes, I just use that for this step. When I use Bye Bye Undereye, I like to swap it out for the Maybelline Fit Me concealer for the rest of my face. I put a little on my chin, down my nose, and on my forehead just above the spot between my eyebrows. I use the same brush from the last step, or sponge, to blend that out.
4) Set it all down! You don’t have to do this step if you have dry skin, but I have pretty normal skin that sometimes gets shiny in the t-zone. I use the Coty Airspun powder to set the products under my eye and where I put concealer throughout my face. You can set your whole face if you feel like you need it! As I have gotten older, my skin’s gotten a lot less oily and I don’t always set my entire face.
Bronzer & Blush
5) Now the fun stuff comes. I didn’t contour with this look— but to be honest, I don’t contour very often. If I’m going to a black-tie event or a wedding, sure. But to go to Buffalo Wild Wings with my fiance? Nah. That’s why I use a really neutral bronzer like the Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer to bronze my face in the same areas you would contour.
I follow the 3 rule, and bronze the sides of my forehead, the hollows of my cheek, and down onto my jaw (it looks like you’re moving your brush in a 3). Sometimes I take a little down my nose to give a sun kissed effect.
6) Blush is one of my favorite products, and I often feel like I overdo it. I don’t hate that look, though… Anyways, one of my longtime holy grail blushes is the Wet & Wild Ombre Blush in the Princess Daiquiris. It’s the best color for summer because it has both a light pink and a peachy tone, with subtle glitter. It’s pigmented, but it’s not like you’re going to do one brush stroke and put too much on.
7) Highlighter is what makes us all feel Kardashian on the inside. The Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighters is a current favorite, but I also love the elf Illuminating palette, too. I use a small, Sonia Kashuk brush to buff a little bit on my cheekbones, above the arch of my eyebrow, and lightly down the bridge of my nose and on the tip. You can use it wet if you want a more vibrant look, but I like this subtle look for everyday wear.
Eyes & Brows
8) Time to look alive with a little mascara! I’m a firm believer in drugstore mascara, because I don’t think you need to spend big bucks for something that is essentially the same formula for half the price (or less). I always always start with Maybelline The Rocket mascara on top and bottom, because it has been my ride or die for a million years. It never lets me down! Sometimes I stop there, but sometimes I’ll add another coat or two of L’oreal Lash Paradise or Essence Lash Princess.
9) Brows are final! (other than lipstick, which I forgot to include in this tutorial so…) One of my favorite brow products is the Benefit Goof Proof pencil. I use the angled pencil to fill in my brows and underneath the arches, because I have some really noticeable bald spots. Then, I use the spoolie on the other side of the pencil and brush them through. If I’m feeling extra sassy, I’ll go in with the Soap And Glory Archery brow gel on top to make them look a little more fluffy.
10) And, for every day of my life, I end with some tinted chapstick. This is the pomegranate flavor from Burt’s Bees, and it has just a hint of color so your lips don’t look white. I usually don’t put on my lipstick until I get to where I’m going, so I don’t get it all over my water bottle or coffee cup… so I completely forgot to include that here. But, some days, the chapstick is all I wear.
Here are my favorite products at the moment that I mentioned, and you can tell they are are very well loved!
I hope ya’ll enjoyed this tutorial! Let me know if you want to see more like it. Make sure to comment if you follow my routine and if it works for you!
This post is not sponsored; all opinions are my own.Follow